Organisations, as they increasingly embed technology in their activities, have available to them large sets of data associated with their key activities – for example, sales, customer service, production, and logistics. These activities often generate large streams of data even for small organisations. It is possible for organisations to exploit this data to monitor, to improve, and to innovate – but only if they apply sound data analytic techniques. This Data Analytics – Foundation module provides you with foundational knowledge and skills in data analytics, which will enable you to start exploiting your data to deliver business intelligence that can help your business reach its goals.
On completion of this module you will be able to:
- Understand the key concepts relating to the application of data analytics in business.
- Understand and apply key statistical analysis concepts.
- Import data into a spreadsheet and prepare it for analysis using data cleansing and filtering techniques.
- Summarise data sets using pivot tables and pivot charts.
- Understand and apply data visualization techniques and tools.
- Create and share reports and dashboards in a data visualization tool.
What are the benefits of this module?
This module gives you the essential knowledge and skills relating to key data analytics concepts, statistical analysis, data set preparation, data set summarisation and data visualization. Developed with input from subject matter experts and practicing professionals, it develops a knowledge of key concepts and a practical understanding of how to use data analytics in business. Once you have developed the skills and knowledge set out in this book, you will be in a position to become certified in an international standard in this area – ICDL Data Analytics – Foundation.
Duration: 20 Hours
Entry Requirement: Basic knowledge of MS- Office and MS–Excel.
Certificate: Certificate of participation in Data Analytics – Foundation, Certificate of ICDL Africa – Data Analytic Foundation
Software Training: – MS Excel 2016
Course fee: KES 25,000.
Course Location: Edulink International College Nairobi
|Concepts and statistical analysis||
|Data set preparation||
|Data set summarisation||
- Study Materials: Student will get a printable softcopy of the study materials developed by ICDL. Along with the study materials they will also get revision papers to assist in the preparation of exams.
- Exam Retakes: All of the above fees are inclusive of the ICDL registration and first exam attempt. A cost will be incurred for resits of the exams as required.
- Award of Certifications: After the completion / passing of each exam module, the candidate will get certification from ICDL. These certificates will include a list of all the module exams passed by candidate to date.
- Faculty Qualifications: All of our teaching staff will attend special trainings organise by ICDL and will be certified by ICDL as a trainer.