International Foundation Programme
The International Foundation Programme is of one academic year duration and prepares students for our undergraduate programmes. It provides a bridge for those who have successfully completed 12 years schooling with a good school leaving qualification, but do not possess the qualifications for direct entry to one of our degree courses. This programme would also be extremely valuable for those who took ‘A’ levels or equivalent, but whose grades may have fallen below the expectations to qualify for an undergraduate programme.
This programme introduces students to our teaching and assessment methods, highlights the importance of independent learning and lays the foundations for a learner-centred environment in which students are proactive in advancing their own education. Importantly, it includes subject-related business study, providing an excellent grounding for any of the Business undergraduate courses we provide.
Likewise, being awarded by the University of Northampton, this programme qualifies students to apply for continuation into the first year of an undergraduate course with a UK university, although admissions would be taken on an individual basis.
Although we sincerely hope that you would also choose Edulink International College Nairobi as your place of study for any undergraduate programme you wish to undertake, we are confident that your graduation from our International Foundation Programme will also be beneficial if you are considering other educational institutions and potential employers.
Graduates will gain:
- Written and verbal English language skills required for further undergraduate study.
- The ability to study both independently and within a group environment.
- Professional attitudes and communication skills, and an analytical and critical thinking approach to their work including study and research skills.
- A solid grounding in business-related issues, including business organisation, global business and international organization.
Pre-requisites for entry onto the International Foundation Programme:
- Students must be 17 years of age or over at the commencement of the programme.
- Students must demonstrate the ability to benefit from and complete the programme as evidenced by :
- Academic qualifications – a minimum of 5 GCSE passes at grade C or above, a high school diploma or equivalent.
Applicants for this programme are required to have;
- Successfully completed ‘O’ level examinations (5 credit passes which include Mathematics and English)
- To be at least 16 years old
- Students who haven’t passed ‘O’ Level English language should obtain at least 4.5 points from IELTS (not applicable for the students who did ‘O’ Level in English medium)
The programme structure consists of six modules which are taught for the duration of the whole academic year.
- English for Academic Purposes
- Study and Research Skills
- English Language Studies
- International Organizations
- Business Organisations
- Global Business Environment
|International Foundation Programme|
* If students start on IFP the enrolment fee and caution money is not due again in Year 1 of Undergraduate study
* A range of payment plans are available
- Enrolment Fee – Payable on admission to the programme. Non refundable
- Tuition Fee – this is an Annual Tuition Fee for the programme
- Bookpacks – are optional
- Caution Money – Payable on admission to the programme. Refundable less damages/penalties at the end of study period. Non-transferable towards tuition fees.
- Medical Insurance – Payable on admission annually, unless exempted. Non-refundable.