BA (Hons) Business Studies
Three years full-time. Please enquire for part-time options.
The programme is delivered around a range of core subjects which provide a solid education in the essential areas of business. In addition, an optional sandwich year in industry/commerce may be taken in year three.
There are a number of major advantages to gaining a business degree. First is the flexibility to move into a broad range of positions across a wide array of industries. For entrepreneurs, either already working for themselves or thinking about starting their own business, it provides invaluable knowledge regarding the key functions required to run a company. For those with further academic aspirations, a Business degree is also a passport to further studies at a post-graduate level, such as an MBA, or MA/MSc in a more focused business discipline.
- Introduction to Management
- Business Environment
- Managing People
- Foundations of Marketing
- Introductory Accounting and Finance
- Enterprise and Opportunity
- Strategic Business Analysis
- Operations Management 1
- Managing Human Resources
- Managing Finance and Financial Decisions
- Brand Management
- Project Management: Planning and Control
- Debates in Strategic Management
- Business Project
- Social Responsibility of Business
- Opportunity, Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Global Business Development
The following table lists the qualifications to be considered for entry into the University of Northampton Undergraduate Degrees.
All programmes are taught in English and applicants with previous education outside of English speaking countries must demonstrate suitable English language proficiency. Students will require one of the following qualifications in order to enrol for a foundation or undergraduate programme at Edulink International College Nairobi:
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE)
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
- International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE)
- General Certificate of Education (GCE)
|Undergraduate Entry Requirements|
|Qualification Minimum||Grade Required|
|International Foundation Course||55% and above (University of Northampton x4 C grades including English)|
|KCSE||Minimum of Grade C+|
|IGCSE||Minimum of 5 upper level passes|
|O Level, A Level, GCE||Minimum of x5 upper level passes at O Level and A Level passes of C grade in GCE|
|International Baccalaureate||25 points|
|Successful completion of a Diploma or First Year of a Bachelor’s degree at a recognised University.|
Mature entry may be allowed for applicants who have been outside formal education for some time. Applicants must show evidence of at least three (3) years experience in business, or a related field and must have obtained a mean grade of C in KCSE. Mature students may be subject to an interview from the Head of the Faculty under which the chosen programme sits, to ensure that your previous education and practical experience is appropriate for entry onto your chosen course.
There is the possibility for credit transfer, or recognition of prior learning available within the programmes offered. This is at the sole discretion of the University of Northampton but in principle the following applies. Please speak to one of our admissions officers for further clarification.
*All of our applications for admission onto undergraduate programmes are subject to approval by the University of Northampton. Please include relevant work experience which may support your application.
Please contact our Admissions office for further assistance. Email : email@example.com
|University of Northampton Undergraduate Business Programmes|
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3|
* A range of payment plans are available
- Enrolment Fee – Payable on admission to the programme. Non refundable
- Tuition Fee – this is an Annual Tuition Fee for the programme
- Bookpacks – are optional
- Caution Money – Payable on admission to the programme. Refundable less damages/penalties at the end of study period. Non-transferable towards tuition fees.
- Medical Insurance – Payable on admission annually, unless exempted. Non-refundable.