BA (Hons) Business and Accounting
The programme is based around a variety of core subjects and optional subjects. The core subjects provide a solid education in the essential areas of business, while the range of options allow students to choose from a variety of specialised subjects. This approach satisfies a broad spectrum of individual interests and career aspirations and focuses not only on knowledge, but also on the development of essential skills required in business.
There is a wide range of career opportunities for graduates, including both public and private sector employment opportunities in Accounting & Finance, Finance Controlling, Business Administration and Marketing.
The following table lists the qualifications to be considered for entry into the University of Northampton Undergraduate Degrees.
All programmes are taught in English and applicants with previous education outside of English speaking countries must demonstrate suitable English language proficiency. Students will require one of the following qualifications in order to enrol for a foundation or undergraduate programme at Edulink International College Nairobi:
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE)
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
- International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE)
- General Certificate of Education (GCE)
|Undergraduate Entry Requirements|
|Qualification Minimum||Grade Required|
|International Foundation Course||55% and above (University of Northampton x4 C grades including English)|
|KCSE||Minimum of Grade C+|
|IGCSE||Minimum of 5 upper level passes|
|O Level, A Level, GCE||Minimum of x5 upper level passes at O Level and A Level passes of C grade in GCE|
|International Baccalaureate||25 points|
|Successful completion of a Diploma or First Year of a Bachelor’s degree at a recognised University.|
Mature entry may be allowed for applicants who have been outside formal education for some time. Applicants must show evidence of at least three (3) years experience in business, or a related field and must have obtained a mean grade of C in KCSE. Mature students may be subject to an interview from the Head of the Faculty under which the chosen programme sits, to ensure that your previous education and practical experience is appropriate for entry onto your chosen course.
There is the possibility for credit transfer, or recognition of prior learning available within the programmes offered. This is at the sole discretion of the University of Northampton but in principle the following applies. Please speak to one of our admissions officers for further clarification.
*All of our applications for admission onto undergraduate programmes are subject to approval by the University of Northampton. Please include relevant work experience which may support your application.
Please contact our Admissions office for further assistance. Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Introduction to Management
- Business Environment
- Business in Society
- Accounting information systems
- Introductory Accounting and Finance
- Financial skills and Numeracy
- Strategic Business Analysis
- Operations Management
- Information Technology for Business
- Managing Finance and Financial Decisions
- Accounting Software and Models
- Financial Environment
- Debates in Strategic Management
- Business Project
- Cross Cultural Management
- International Money and Finance
- Advanced Accounting and Finance
|University of Northampton Undergraduate Business Programmes|
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3|
* A range of payment plans are available
- Enrolment Fee – Payable on admission to the programme. Non refundable
- Tuition Fee – this is an Annual Tuition Fee for the programme
- Bookpacks – are optional
- Caution Money – Payable on admission to the programme. Refundable less damages/penalties at the end of study period. Non-transferable towards tuition fees.
- Medical Insurance – Payable on admission annually, unless exempted. Non-refundable.